I love some heat and freshness so this simple seafood dish really does it for me. I first cooked it for myself so just multiply the quantities up for more people. My version is 400 calories.
- 200g seafood, I used cod, raw prawns & scollops
- 50g carrot, peeled and sliced
- 50g celery, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsps olive oil
- Salt & pepper
What to do
- Heat your oil in a saucepan and cook the carrot, celery and sweet potato for a few minutes.
- Add the spring onions and chilli, stir and add the stock.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are just starting to soften.
- While this is happening mix the tomatoes with the herbs, a pinch of salt and a good screw of black pepper.
- Add the seafood and most of the tomato mixture.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes but make sure any fish pieces don’t start to fall apart.
- Serve in a bowl with the last bit of tomato mixture on top.
Tips / Pointers
- Use frozen fish, just treat it even more gently because it can fall apart more easily as it thaws and cooks.
- Add some diced potato if you want more bulk.
- Serve with some crusty rolls or garlic/herb bread.
- Switch the celery for fennel and make sure there is some dill in the herb mix to emphasise the classic aniseed / fish combo.