I’m always on the look out for simple salads to put along side a sandwich or fish combo. This one is very easy but the key is to try and get some good sprouting beans, if you can’t use some of the beansprouts you get in the supermarket and add a few rinsed chickpeas slightly crushed. .
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 100g of mixed sprouting beans
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Garnish with pickled vegetable and chopped red chilli.
What to do
- Combine the ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix gently and serve.
- Top with some pickled vegetables and chopped chillies if you have some around.