Salmon cooked in a bag isn’t new but my lemony, chilli, vegetable combo was tasty. Try using some parchment / grease proof paper instead of foil for a less intense radiated heat.
Serves one, 400 calories.
- 150g skinless, boneless salmon steak
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and then peeled in to long ribbons
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2cm chunks including the green parts
- Half a green chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1 lemon, zest for topping, 1 slice for baking and juice for cooking
- 1 tbsp of chives, roughly chopped
- Black pepper and sea salt
What to do
- Lay a large piece of parchment in a baking dish ready to pile everything in.
- Put the carrot, peas, chilli and spring onions in the paper and mixe up.
- Place the salmon on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with the sliced lemon.
- Squeeze over half of the lemon.
- Wrap-up and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200c.
- While its cooking mix the lemon zest, chives, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- After 20 minutes, unwrap and sprinkle with the lemon and chive mixture and the rest of the lemon juice.