A tray of roast peppers is a simple accompaniment for lots of meals from grilled meat or fish to a salad like the rice one pictured. This whole tray is less than 200 calories.
- 3 peppers (mix of colours), cut in half through the stem and deseeded
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tsps capers
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of a lime
- Spray of flora oil
- Salt and pepper
What to do
- Heat your oven to 200c.
- Put the peppers in a roasting tin cut side up.
- Put 2 quarters of tomato in each one along with some of the rest of the ingredients except the lime juice.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a spray of oil.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Serve hot, warm or cold with a squeeze of lime juice.
Tips / Pointers
- Add other ingredients like anchovies or fresh herbs.
- Drizzle with some olive oil for an extra finish if you can spare the calories.
- These keep beautifully for a few days in the fridge but are best served at room temperature.
- For less heat switch the red chilli for a green one or none at all.
- Make sure you use a mixture of peppers even green ones to give a contrast of sweetness and texture.