Turkey mince is a great low fat protein option and these baked meatballs are simple and tasty. Eat them with some steamed vegetables or carb of your choice. The recipe serves two and is less than 350 calories per person.
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g turkey breast mince (2% fat if you can get it)
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- Salt & pepper
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 10g parmesan cheese, finely grated
What to do
- Mix all the ingredients except the tomatoes and parmesan together in a bowl. Don’t over work the mixture or the balls will end up too hard.
- Form 12 equal sized balls and place them in a baking dish.
- Cook in the oven at 200c for 15 minutes.
- Look at the meatballs, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the dish if there is no liquid and add the tomatoes.
- Season and sprinkle over the parmesan.
- Put the shah back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have popped and cheese browned.
- Serve with some extra parmesan if you like along with some steamed veg, pasta or/and potatoes.