Carrot and coriander is a classic soup adding sweet potato and roasting the vegetables first adds a depth of flavour that is really worth the extra effort. Serves two at 200 calories per person.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1cm pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced into 1cm chunks
- 2 tsps olive oils
- Salt & pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 L vegetable stock
- Low fat greek yoghurt and coriander leaves to serve
What to do
- Put the carrots, sweet potato, salt, pepper & half the oil in a roasting tin.
- Mix up and cook at 2ooc for 30 minutes until it is soft and nicely brown.
- While it is cooking put the rest of the oil in a saucepan and cook the onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the coriander power and stir for another couple of minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer until the carrots and sweet potato are ready and the onions are soft.
- Add them to the stock and blend with a hand blender until smoother but with some texture remaining.
- Garnish and serve.