These are now being sold in most supermarkets including Tesco and Sainsbury’s. The baked versions you buy have no added fat but I did use a spray of flora to get the smoked paprika and salt to stick. It also means the oven doesn’t have to on so long!
Each 50g of sweet potato ends up as about 20g of crisps and is 50 calories (half of Tyrrell’s) of tastiness especially served with a gin or vodka and diet tonic!
What to do
- Use a peeler to shave off pieces of sweet potato you have already peeled.
- Spread out on a baking sheet with baking parchment if needed.
- Spray with some flora oil and sprinkle with some smoked paprika and sea salt.
- Toss them around on the paper and spread out in one layer.
- Bake in the oven at 175c for 30 minutes or until crisp and well dried out.
- Shake during the cooking to make sure they are evenly cooked.
- If you’re cooking in a fan oven leave them to cool in the oven after you have switched it off with the door open so they get extra crispy.