This classic Italian deep baked omelette is a good way to use up some left over items in the fridge although actually planning a proper one and putting some thought to the ingredients is really worth it. I like lots of filling and just enough egg to hold it together. The whole thing is 500 calories so share it for a light lunch or just fill your face for dinner if you have calories to spare!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5g butter
- 100g new potatoes, steamed, chilled and diced
- 1 red onion, roughly diced
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 75g prawns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 5g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt & pepper
What to do
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium frying pan that can go into the oven so check what the handles made of.
- Gently fry the onions, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and courgette and cook until they are just softening.
- Now add the prawns and cook until they start to turn pink finishing with some salt and pepper.
- Lastly add the potatoes and egg.
- Give it a gentle shake to settle it all down and cook until it starts firming up.
- Put the sliced tomato on top and sprinkle on the parmesan.
- Finish off in the over at 180c for 10 minutes or until the top is brown.
- Letting it cool a little before you slice it makes sure it doesn’t fall apart.
- Serve with a green salad and a yoghurt dressing on the side.