A simple marinade can transform a piece of your favourite fish. I have done this with tuna but you can use a piece of salmon, chunk of cod or hake fillet. If your fish is frozen then drop it into the marinade to defrost at room temperature for an hour ahead of cooking.
- 4 pieces of fish of your choice, no skin or bones (about 150g each)
- 60ml light soy sauce
- 1 orange, juice and rind
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp olive oil (to cook the fish)
What to do
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a dish.
- Marinade the fish for 30 minutes or so, turning every now and then.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the fish for about 15 minutes turning once.
- Once the fish is cooked remove from the pan and heat up the left over marinade allowing it to concentrate a little.
- Spoon over the fish and serve with some vegetables or a salad.