This is a nice way to use courgette by adding spinach, a small amount of potato, some mustard heat and the fresh tang of lemon and yoghurt to create a tasty soup. This makes enough for four at 170 calories per person.
- 4 medium courgette, diced
- 200g spinach
- 200g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, chopped small
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tsps olive oil
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 1 tsp english mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 tbls low fat greek yoghurt
What to do
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions, garlic and courgette over medium heat until the onions are soft and see-through.
- Stir in the mustard.
- Add the stock and potatoes and simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Mix in the spinach, letting it wilt for a few minutes.
- Liquidise with a hand blender but try and keep some texture.
- Season with salt and pepper and finally add the lemon juice.
- Serve with a spoon of yoghurt and sprinkle of lemon zest.