These cabbage leaves are stuffed with all the flavours of a traditional turkey dinner. Serve with some potatoes, festive vegetables and cranberry sauce. Each parcel is less than 150 calories. Eat as many as your calorie intake allows!
- 500g low fat turkey mince
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 100g peeled chestnuts, diced small
- 50g cranberries, shopped
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 8 savoy cabbage leaves
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp dried herbs – sage, thyme, rosemary
- 2 stick celery, diced small
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped small
- 25g bacon, diced
What to do
- Put the oven on at 180c.
- Boil a large pan of salted water and drop the cabbage leaves in for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and refresh in a large bowl of iced water. Put aside.
- Put the oil into a frying pan and fry the bacon until brown.
- Cook the onions for 5 minutes, add the carrot and celery and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and brown, breaking it up as you do.
- Stir in the cranberries, chestnuts, herbs and breadcrumbs along with some salt and pepper.
- Spoon some of the mixture in to a cabbage leaf. Fold the sides in and then roll to form a parcel. Repeat for the the leaves.
- Place the parcels seam side down in an oiled dish in one layer.
- Pour over the stock and cook covered in foil for 1 hour and then 15 minutes uncovered.