So, steam some chunks of your favourite veg, roll them in some cooked ham, sit on a bed of home made tomato sauce and bake having grated some parmesan cheese on top – what more could you want!!!!!! Each roll and some sauce is about 100 calories so expand as needed or your diet allows. Serve with wholemeal pasta or on a bed or mash.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chunks of your favourite vegetables e.g. piece of leek, bundle of green beans, 3 stem broccoli pieces, sweet potato ledge
- 4 slices lean ham
- 5g parmesan, finely grated
What to do
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the thyme and tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes stirring every now and then until it thickens.
- While it cooks steam your veg until just this side of soft. Don’t over cook.
- Season the sauce and tip it into a flat baking dish.
- Role the vegetables in the ham and place on the sauce and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200c. Eat.