This makes two, double burgers. One stack per person! Add things on the side like more salad and pickles but no more carbs or dressing, loads of juice comes out of the burger! I estimate 400 calories per burger.
- 250g 10% or less fat pork mince
- 1 apple, unpeeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small onion grated
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 150g sweet potato, cleaned, unpeeled, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Salad leaves
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Pickles of your choice (I like red cabbage and chillies)
- BBQ sauce (I make my own by combining 2 tablespoons low fat greek yoghurt, splash chipotle tabasco sauce, 1 tablespoon ketchup, garlic salt, pepper)
What to do
- Gently mix the pork, apple, onion, garlic and seasoning and form into 4 burgers. Chill.
- Heat the oven to 200c. Season the slices of sweet potato, drizzle with half of the oil and roast for 30 minutes until soft and brown turning once.
- Fry the burgers in half the olive oil for 15 minutes turning once.
- Build your burger with with a slice of sweet potato top and bottom, double burgers in the middle, layered with tomato, pickle, onion, sauce and leaves.