So, I read all this stuff about how good fresh turmeric is for you and my lovely sister-in-law gave me a present of some (see picture). It’s no different to use than fresh ginger and I think adds the same flavour as the usual dried version without the dry over earthy taste.
- 150g low fat greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp grated turmeric root
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g chicken, skinned breasted and boned thighs, 2cm diced
What to do
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add the chicken.
- Coat and marinade in the fridge for a least 2 hours (not more than 10).
- Put on skewers and griddle or grill.
- Eat with fresh salad, yoghurt & mint dip and some naan bread.