Don’t panic fritters can be healthy and if you have a kale phobia use savoy cabbage or some other hardish leafed green. This recipe makes enough for two at about 400 calories per person.
- 200g sweetcorn, frozen and blanched or tinned
- 2 tbsp polenta, buy a packet and use it another time as a carb with some meat dish
- 60 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 100g kale, finely chopped
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp low fat cottage cheese
What to do
- In a bowl mix the corn, polenta, flour, egg, milk, spring onion, salt, pepper and coriander.
- In a frying pan heat the oil and fry 4 fritters in batches. Dry on kitchen paper and keep warm as you cook them.
- Once cooked use the pan to stir fry the kale, garlic and chilli until softened.
- Stir the cottage cheese through it and serve with the fitters.
- Things to add on the side if you like: salsa, seasoned yoghurt, sweet potato wedges,sweet chilli sauce, poached egg or even brown sauce!