Maximum spice flavours with fresh prawns and peas. Good for two people, approximately 350 calories each before you add rice or naan and raita.
- 2 tsps oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3cm fresh ginger, grated
- 5 cardamon pods, broken with the blade of a knife
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsps ground turmeric
- 1 tsps ground coriander
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tin (400g), chopped tomatoes
- 200g fresh prawns
- 100g frozen peas
What to do
- Heat the oil in a frying pan add the cardamon and mustard seeds until they start to pop.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic and gently fry until soft.
- Put in the spices and chilli, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until all the flavours have blended together. Top up with water as needed. At this p
- Finally stir in the prawns and peas and gently cook until the prawns are pink.
- Check seasoning and serve.