The chips are baked and the dip is powerful. Blanching the garlic and cooking it in milk takes away the harshness. The yoghurt and coriander allows you to moderate the intensity. You can also use it as a spread in wraps or as a sauce along side some grilled meat or fish.
- 100g (about 3 bulbs) garlic, peeled
- 75ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 50g non-fat greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs fresh chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tortilla wraps, cut into small triangle shapes
- 2 sprays flora oil (or a couple of tsp olive oil)
What to do
- Blanch the garlic for 30 seconds in boiling water.
- Drain and put them into a small saucepan with the milk. paprika and ground coriander.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes stirring occasionally until the garlic is soft. The milk will thicken. Add a little more if stops covering the garlic.
- Once cooked blend into a puree, add the yoghurt and chopped coriander seasoning to taste.
- While the dip cools heat your oven to 200c.
- Mix the tortilla wrap pieces with the oil and some salt.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes, turning a couple of times until the are crisp.