Spring is here and thinking about fresh flavours is allowed again! The sauce is no cook: just prepare and stir through your favourite boiled pasta. Great with some salad leaves or even garlic bread if you must! Using 75g dried pasta per person this will be approximately 400 calories per person. Serves 4.
- 300g medium tomatoes
- 1/2 unwaxed lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 25g basil leave, shredded
- 300g dried pasta
- 125g mozzarella, roughly torn
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
What to do
- Skin the tomatoes by blanching for a minute in boiling water and refreshing in iced water. Then peel.
- Take out the seeds and core and finely chop the pulp catching as much juice as possible as you go.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the lemon, oil, chilli, salt, pepper and half the basil and leave to develop flavours while you cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water.
- Drain the pasta when just cooked, stir in the sauce along with mozzarella and a little of the pasta water if you need more liquid.
- Serve sprinkled with the pine nuts and remaining basil.