One of my favourite vegetarian curries is the combo of spinach, yoghurt, green chillies and Indian set cheese. It’s quick to cook and lovely on it’s own or as a side. I like it with some Bombay potatoes or naan. Serves 4 and is about 250 calories per portion.
- 25ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 400g onions, thinly sliced
- 6cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400g paneer, cubed (1.5cm)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 500g spinach
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- 100g low-fat greek yoghurt
- Fresh coriander, hand full, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
What to do
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, drop the seeds into it and toast a little.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic and cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in the turmeric, chilli powder, salt and Garam Masala cook for 2 or 3 minutes then add the paneer stirring gently to coat it.
- Add the spinach and green chilli and as it wilts down add the yoghurt again stirring gently as you combine the ingredients and they cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Finish with the coriander and a sprinkle of fresh tomato.