This recipe has some Moroccan flavours and as ever an Ottolenghi inspiration. You should be able to make 12 meatballs, 3 each for 4 people. About 300 calories per person.
- 50g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 slice white bread (crusts removed)
- 500g minced turkey (or chicken if you can’t get it)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 15g coriander, finely chopped
- 10g parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 preserved lemons, flesh and skin diced
- 2 tbs greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
What to do
- Soak the bread in water, squeeze it out and put in a bowl.
- In a dry frying pan toast the sweetcorn until golden edged.
- Place the corn in the bowl with the bread, mince, onion, garlic, fresh herbs, coriander, chilli, salt, pepper and egg.
- Mix with a fork and form into 12 golfball sized balls.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and brown the meatballs in batches if needed.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 180c for 10 minutes.
- While they cook mix the lemons with the yoghurt and Harissa paste.
- I served the meatballs and dressing along side some rice salad and roasted butternut squash.