Rice pudding is an English classic. This recipe adds a twist of flavours and is best served cold along side the fruit combo. It’s enough for four people and surprisingly only about 150 calories per portion.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 pint whole milk
- 60g risotto rice
- 40g runny honey
- 4 cardamon pods (broken with the back of a knife)
- Rind / juice of a small orange
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 mango – diced
- 50g strawberries – diced
What to do
- Butter a medium size earthenware dish (big enough to take about 700ml of liquid).
- Put the rice, honey, milk, cardamon and orange rind in the dish and gently stir with a fork.
- Put lots of nutmeg on top and bake in the oven at 140c for an hour and a half.
- While it cooks mix the mango, strawberries and orange juice and set aside in the fridge.
- When both are well chilled serve a portion of the rice with the fruit along side.