This quick pasta dish benefits from using darker field mushrooms and adding some dried ones creates a depth of flavour. The recipe is enough for two people and despite the pasta it is will be only 250 calories per person as the rest of the ingredients (excluding the parmesan) are very low calorie.
- 200g flat/field mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 50g dried mushrooms, rehydrated in 100ml of boiling water (retain the liquid), sliced
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced or crushed
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 250g wholemeal penne pasta
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 10g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 lemon, zested
What to do
- Put the mushrooms, mustard, garlic mushroom liquor and vegetable stock into a frying pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until most of the stock has evaporated and the mushrooms are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions and drain.
- Mix the pasta with the mushrooms, parsley and lemon zest.
- Check seasoning and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan.