Handled properly tofu can take on lots of flavour, using the smoked version also gives it a head start. I used bamboo skewers which need soaking for 30 minutes before you thread them. There’s plenty for two here at 300 calories per person. I served it with some jasmine rice mixed with some fresh coriander. The chilli sauce I used had a smoked chipotle base which worked well too.
- 250g smoked tofu, cubed
- 1 courgettes, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2cm pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 leek, cut into 2cm pieces
- For the marinade
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce of your choice
What to do
- Mix the marinade in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients coating them before leaving them for 30 minutes to take on the flavour.
- Thread on to the screwers and grill under a medium heat turning as you need to for 20 minutes until cooked.