Super, simple recipe for spiced up cauliflower. If you don’t have preserved lemons use half a fresh one. If you have them use some diced olives or a hand full of pomegranate seeds as a garnish too. Nice for a light supper or lunch eaten with some couscous or along side some grilled meat. Its low calories (one portion less than 200 calories so add some carbs or meat or fish).
- 1 cauliflower, split into small florets
- Spice mix:
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 preserved lemon, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs capers
- Coriander, small bunch chopped
What to do
- Rinse the cauliflower florets and mix with the spices and set aside.
- Sauté the garlic and onion in the oil in a deep frying pan with a lid.
- After 5 minutes add the cauliflower, lemons and half a cup of water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on, gently stirring a couple of time.
- As they finally cook take the lid off of the water fully evaporates.
- Finish with the capers and coriander (and other garnishes if using them).