Apple and pork with some other simple flavours are an easy but tasty way to create up to 8 skewers to eat with some salad or on a bed of couscous. Each one is about 150 calories. Enjoy.
- 500g pork fillet or loin, cut in to 2cm pieces
- 2 apples (granny smiths or other green skinned variety), cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 orange, tested and juiced
- 50ml, balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper.
What to do
- Mix the vinegar, orange juice, zest, garlic, honey and oil together and marinade the other ingredients in it for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime soak the bamboo skewers.
- Thread the apple, pork and onion onto the skewers, season and grill for 15 minutes turning occasionally.