This soup is simple but full of warm flavour. Serves four.
- 2 tbls olive oil
- Small butternut squash (about 600g) – peeled, deseeded and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Small onion, shopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crush
- 2cm of fresh finger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- Chopped coriander and yoghurt or soured cream to serve
What to do:
- Coat the butternut squash in half the oil, put it in a roasting tin and cook in the oven at 200c for 30 minutes.
- While it roasts put the rest of the oil in a saucepan and gentle soften the onion, chilli, garlic and ginger.
- Once cooked add the cooked squash and stock to the onion mixture, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup in to a nice creamy consistence.
- Serve with some fresh coriander and yoghurt or soured cream.